If one of your goals on social media is to find out how to get Pinterest followers, you should attach this guide.
Pinterest is about inspiration and discovery. This means that this is not a good way to reach current customers. This is a great place to find new followers, especially since Pinterest has surpassed 250 million active consumer brands a month. More than 70 percent of Pinners found a new brand on Pinterest, and 78 percent said they found the brand’s content useful. Let’s see how to get more followers on Pinterest.
1. Know who uses Pinterest
A good Pinterest user rating will help you create content for your profile.
- The majority of Pinterest users are women. Only 30% of users are male, but this number continues to grow.
- Pinterest reaches 83% of women aged 25 to 54 in the US, more than Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.
- Millennium is the most active age group on Pinterest. Every second millennium in the United States, he visits Pinterest every month.
- Nearly half of Pinterest users live in the United States.
- Pinterest is the only major social channel in the U.S. with the majority of suburban users.
- Here you can find more Pinterest statistics that marketers need to know, and also more Pinterest demographics.
2. Dealing with what is popular
See what works well on Pinterest on Pinterest. Take notes, value common things, and consider how you can apply these ideas to your own content.
If you find interesting content, consider linking back to one of your boards, following users, or posting thoughtful comments. All of these actions increase your brand awareness about Pinterest.
But don’t overdo it. Too many comments can be marked as spam. Instead, focus on writing a few open comments that say about one or two parts of comments like “Cool!” Or “This is great”.
3. Join the appropriate group tips
Look for the best Pinterest boards in your company category and ask to join and contribute. In some cases, board administrators provide instructions for joining group descriptions. If not, contact the shipowner directly via email. You can usually find it by searching for the first person listed among the followers on the board.
4. Publish fresh and original content
Pinterest promotes originality. Pin uses the website to find ideas, inspiration, and new products. So make sure your own pin is super fresh.
5. Mark yourself with beautiful pictures
Pinterest is basically a visual platform. Therefore, make sure to use attractive images. Here are some guidelines for Pinterest photos:
- Use a high resolution, high-quality images.
- Use the lifestyle that Pinterest says is more interesting than standard product photos.
- Avoid excessive images.
- Prefer vertically oriented photos rather than horizontal photos. 85% of large users search on Pinterest on mobile devices, which means vertical images have a far greater impact.
- Don’t take pictures too long, otherwise, they will be cut off. The perfect aspect ratio is 2: 3 (width 600 pixels x height 900 pixels).
- Consider displaying many products in one pin. Pinterest notes that several product needles can appeal to different tastes and arouse curiosity. It’s best to maintain a limit of four products per pin so you don’t pile up.
- Try the video! If you have the resources, short videos can stand out among the best images. If not, read the Hootsuite social video toolkit.
6. Add detailed descriptions
Your beautiful picture may have attracted attention, but to maintain that attention you also need stimulating text. Go beyond a short description in one sentence and provide information that will force consumers to be more interested in your brand. Remember those pin descriptions are most effective.
7. Add relevant keywords and hashtags
Pinterest is basically a search engine, so your content needs to be optimized in order to be searchable. Make sure your keyword descriptions are keyword rich and have relevant hashtags that appear in relevant searches.
How to find the right keywords and hashtags:
Use a targeted search. Start by placing a few keywords in the Pinterest search bar and consider automatic suggestions.
- Pay attention to the keyword bubbles that appear in the search results header.
- See suggestions and statistics about using hashtags when adding hashtags to your pin description.
- Find the right hashtag and check the tags and keywords used by Pinners with this hashtag.
- See the latest hashtags in your category (only available on the mobile app).
- Try these 8 SEO tools for social media marketing.
- You can also apply this logic to your profile. For example, add a description to your name, e.g. B. Hootsuite (Social Media Management). Your profile is more suitable for keyword searches this way. This is very helpful if you are an entrepreneur and want to concentrate on your area of ?? expertise.
8. Name your Pinterest boards wisely
The dashboard can also be search optimized. Make sure your board name is specific and accurately describe its content. Use relevant keywords in the board name and description and add relevant hashtags to the description. If you are not sure which category to place your board on, browse through the categories to see where you fit.
9. Arrange sections with boards
Pinterest recently added a section to make organizing boards easier. For example, if you have a sophisticated board category such as Home Décor, you can now create a separate area for each room.
This can give your brand credibility and make it easier for future followers to navigate your content. Again, be descriptive and use keyword-rich language for your part. The following example is called Seasonal Seasonal and another one is called Tokyo.
10. Be positive and useful
Attract followers by explaining the benefits associated with your product or service.
“A positive mood clearly shows how pins from your company’s [Pinners] can help in your life,” said Kevin Knight, former head of brand agency and strategy at Pinterest. Take it personally and also use “you” or “your” in the copy so users know that you are talking to them.
11. Adjust the fat pen
Rich Pin adds additional details to your metadata pin on your website.
There are four types of rich needles that you can add to your account, including application needles, articles, products, and recipes. When your brand sells products, Rich Pins shows price and availability details in real-time. Article games are great for publishers or bloggers because they include the title, author, and description of the story.
12. Post one by one
Content on Pinterest is accessed for a longer period of time than other platforms. Play long games by publishing content consistently for several months in a row. According to Pinterest, this is the best way to attract a dedicated audience.
13. Post at the right time
Maximize the volume of your content by ensuring that you fix it in a timely manner. Most of the fort takes place between noon and midnight, with 11:00 being the most active hour of the day.
14. Plan your pin in advance
Because Pinterest is often used for planning, it should always be one step ahead of the calendar. Pinterest recommends brands to share seasonal content up to 45 days before a holiday or event. Sometimes the Pinners even plan three to four months before the event. Save time by simply designing and publishing pins from the Hootsuite dashboard.
15. Jump on national holidays
Tang is known to cause noise activity when entering the holiday spirit. Mother’s Day attracts more than six million users and brings 12 million gift and holiday ideas every year. Christmas, of course, is always a big event. It attracts 33 million pins and produces 566 million pins every year.
Plan festive actions with Pinterest Opportunity Planner. Create festive brand content and share it with relevant keywords and hashtags. Pinterest contains popular search terms for each event on the planner.
16. Use the Follow button
Just follow your company with the Follow button. Put a button on your website, in a newsletter, in an email signature, or actually anywhere online where you think it can attract followers.
In other situations, you can use the Pinterest P icon to promote your brand profile. Make sure you also connect to Pinterest in the BIOS of your other social accounts.
17. Add a Save button to your website
You can also use the Save button to tell your website visitors about your Pinterest brand presence. The Save button allows visitors to share any image from your Pinterest website, making it your brand ambassador.
18. Confirm your website
To ensure that your profile picture is displayed along with the pins that users store by your website, you must claim the authenticity of your Pinterest website. It also gives you website analysis which gives you a better idea about which visitors are visiting your website.
19. Create a widget
Another way to integrate your Pinterest account into your website is to use a gadget. In addition to the Save and Follow buttons, you can pin pins, view your profile, or display boards on your website. Visitors to a website with a Pinterest account will be forced to follow you after previewing this Pinterest content.
20. Establish an offline connection with a pin code
Like QR codes, pin codes are designed to help people find your business offline on Pinterest. Business cards, brochures, print advertisements, packaging, or other items can be pink. A quick scan with the Pinterest camera will bring it directly to your Pinterest profile, board, or pin.